My name is Laurence, friends call me Lala, I’m an Event Planner and Luxury Personal Concierge in Kelowna, British-Columbia.
My life consists of planning and styling events, trying and curating new recipes, and spoiling my two dogs – Benji and Lola. Apparently, my Type B personality gifted me with an abundance of creativity. All that goodness must be shared right?
I started this blog as a hobby, without knowing exactly what I was going to do with it. I needed a creative outlet to share my love for food (and drinks) and party styling. Being a luxury personal concierge, I discover new restaurants, shops and tons of other local businesses, everyday. I hope to inspire my readers to explore the Okanagan, shop and support local businesses, and throw amazing parties.
10 Random Facts About Me
- My go-to drink is a double Grand Marnier, neat.
- I met my boyfriend, Brian, on Plenty Of Fish. We met February 15th – and he surprised me with a enormous bouquet of roses. Talk about a first impression eh?!
- I’m a serial entrepreneure. *standing ovation* I own and operate Lala Beauty Bar, a home based beauty studio and Pandore Event Group, an event planning business. I always have ideas and projects, I don’t think it’ll stop there.
- I’m originally from Montreal, Quebec. Left the big city for the Okanagan Valley in summer 2014.
- I sing and songwrite. I used to sing open mics and record songs at my friend Ntchi‘s studio downtown Montreal. I’ll never share any of them, don’t bother asking. But I sing for my dogs all the time.
- I’m the funniest person you know. If you don’t know me yet, you’re missing out on the jokes.
- I have an obsession with redheads. I don’t think it’s weird. Like, Owen Hunt (Grey’s Anatomy) is my ultimate #RedHeadMenCrush – (click here) riiiiight?!
- I have a very low tolerance for ignorance. If you don’t know what you are talking about, don’t talk. I will call you out.
- After a long day, I blast Afro-Cuban music in my living room and dance for at least 30 minutes. It makes me feel alive and it entertains my dogs. Everyone is happy!
- I’m the most introverted extrovert you know. A part of me wants to go out and take 10 shots back-t0-back, and the other half just wants to Netflix binge in my robe.
Now that we’ve gotten to know each other a little better – follow my adventures as I take a bite out of life!